If functional problems in the inpatient or outpatient curative medical care can not be adequately treated, the sickness rates increase. In many cases, the loss of the job threatens for this reason. In such a situation, an assignment to rehabilitation should be considered.
Major psychiatric conditions and situations in which such dysfunctions occur are:
- fatigue, burnout
- psychosomatic diseases
- anxiety disorders
- post-treatment after stays in the acute hospital
- aftercare after severe emotional crisis
- mental trauma
- behavioral disorders with physical disorders and factors
- certain personality disorders
- acute mental illness (lack of stability)
- acute endanger of themselves and others
- predominantly bedridden and / or dependent persons
- brain organic disorders
- persons who are not motivated for rehabilitation
- persons whose treatment is better served by specialized institutions (for example patients with dependence on alcohol and / or drugs, eating disorders)
The term "rehabilitation" refers to a process that aims to help people regain and maintain their optimal physical, sensory, intellectual, psychological and / or social functioning levels, thus helping them to change their lives towards a higher level of independence. The rehabilitation process covers a wide spectrum from elementary and general rehabilitative measures and actions to specific, individually goal-oriented procedures.
Rehabilitation of mental and functional disorders
Psychiatric rehabilitation, within the social psychiatric supply chain, is a treatment range designed to support self-esteem, functioning, self-complacency in order to lead to an improved quality of life.
No doubt that a satisfactory job has a positive effect on mental health. Psychiatric rehabilitation focuses on the scientifically proven mutual influence of mental health and professional performance. But even if resuming work seems difficult or even impossible, improving functional health and a satisfactory life in family and community can be a useful goal in psychiatric rehabilitation.